Why do I weigh myself daily? I weigh myself daily to stay accountable; otherwise. I will go rogue. Dealing with the magical overnight weight gain is part of the fun.
I have read 1 pound of fat contains 3,500 calories; therefore if you eat/drink an extra 500 calories for 7 days you will gain a pound. In Becky language that equates to an extra margarita or 2 extra craft beers every night. Life is a bitch!
Here is a list of reasons for scale fluctuation:
1. Ate more sodium - Note to self leave the salt off the margarita rim
2. Plumbing is backed up - I beg your pardon, but I have excellent plumbing
3. Almost that time of the month - That ship sailed a long time ago
4. You hit the gym hard - The foam roller is still in my closet
5. Metabolism - Our bodies burn a set number of calories daily to support simple body functions. I guess I need to take out the foam roller and eat less.
6. Food weight - Food intake will increase the number on the scale as it processes thru your body. The article says this weight does not automatically stick to your thighs ... PLEASE has anyone seen my things or more accurately is anyone able to see thru my thighs.
7. Carbo Loading - For every gram of carb you store as glycogen, your tissues must retain 3 grams of water - Carbs are so good and yet so bad.
8. Alcohol - The booze train always has repercussions. Alcohol and carbs are like evil sisters because they are so much fun to hang out with, but then they are the cause for all the bad consequences.
9. Dehydration - The more you drink, the more you pee - It is a vicious cycle that I cannot wrap my head around.
Let's face it dieting is self inflicted torture and the scale is cruel, heartless and nonsensical, so sign me up. We are heading into the weekend and you know what that means - party with the evil twin sisters because I never met a carb or cocktail I have not liked.